Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I LV NY


Pardon my absence these past few days but I had a mini vacay with my sister in her home in the big apple. I miss being there already. There are just so many things to do and see in that city. During the days, when Kat was working her little ass off at work, I did all of the touristy things I never had the chance to do before. My tourist week was magical. To begin a NY vacation you always have to start with a New York breakfast. And breakfast is always delicious when you go by this place for a bagel and lox! Lox is Yiddish for smoked salmon, and it is damn good. I miss them already.


After breakfast on the first day I literally got lost in The Metropolitan Museum of Art. I could not find the way out, so I stayed for 4 hours and maybe saw 1/4 of the wonders they house. The treasures that they have in those walls are beyond words beautiful.


Magical. I could live in the recreation Frank Lloyd Wright room and be at peace with myself and all my gorgeous surroundings. And one of the best parts about this wondrous museum is the available discount. The recommended adult admission is a bit pricey at $25, and with children (over 12) in tow it can become expensive. The base admission can be altered by paying what you want to explore the hallowed grounds. In order to pay the alternate, don't buy the tickets online and wait to purchase them at the museum. The student price is definitely reasonable at 12 bucks. Oh I love museums! After the museum it was onto the next tourist destination. And if you are a girl in the City where do you go but...     


Don't worry hubby, I didn't spend a dime here this time :) This time was strictly window shopping, and it was a gorgeous window. The current display is for the jewels Tiffany made for The Great Gatsby movie. Dazzling baubles were shimmering in the champagne like the bubbles in the bottles. Oh to be an ear that gets adorned with those beauties. But this tourist trip wasn't just about being on the outside looking in. No sir-e-bob. I got my sister and I into one of the hardest shows to get in on Broadway. You know a little show by the name of...


It was beyond amazing! Witty! Hilarious! Raunchy! Whimsical! And of course offensively awesome! The cast was perfection, the songs were pure and the jokes were dirty. All I have to say is if you get the chance to see this show, even if it's standing room only, do it! You will not regret it. Hasa Diga Eebowai. 


Who can go to NY and not go to Central Park? Not me. It is simply a stunning park. I was looking forward to a nice, long walk through the park with Kat for my last weekend in town. What I didn't realize is when Kat says "Bring running shoes." she is going to make you run! That is Kat in the white motivating me to run with her. I did it. All 4.3 miles. I think I'm still a little sore, but it was a radiant spring day that needed to be spent outside. Totally worth it. I wish I was still in New York, getting dinner with my sister and drinking weird Dimetapp flavored drinks. It was a great time. Superb in every possible way it could have been. 


I love that city. My kind of town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment